Monday, March 26, 2007

So I am 25w1d and since Saturday I have been getting swelling in my hands and feet and legs. I got it randomly in my hands on saturday while i was sitting in the blechers at the competition. I shook it out and it was gone within like 15-20 minutes. Yesterday after lounging in the recliner for almost 2 hours i got up to wash dishes, took off my engagement ring (i leave my wedding band on but take off my e-ring when washing dishes and what not). after washing dishes i couldn't get it back on my hands were swollen again. This morning i woke up and my hands and feet were swollen and it hurt to walk for a bit. Hung around the house with my feet up till chris came back from his dentist appointment then i went off to work (they are painting the walls). Also noticed that I habe gained almost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. After work I called my mom and she said I should run it by my doctors. Called and left a message with the receptionist and got a call back about 10 minutes later. Told the nurse what was going on and she said she would call me right back after running my info with a doctor. Got a call back saying to come in immediately. So off Chris and I went to the doctors. My urine came back fine (no protien build up). I have gained 8 pounds since my last doctor's visit 12 days ago. My blood pressure isn't bad, the top number was fine but the bottom number was higher than normal for me, so that did concern the doctor. The babies are fine, their heart beats are a good strong number, and we saw them for a few minutes being very active with plenty of fluid around them. Gave up some blood for testing. I go back in on Wed. for my normal appointment and we will have test results back on what exactly could be going on. Right now it's just swelling (but she used a fancy word for it), but they are going to watch me like a hawk now because it can turn into pre-eclampsia. I have to put my feet up even more now and cut back my hours at work even more.. i am only working 12 hours a week... so yeah... down to like 8 or so. I am not on bed rest YET... however I will probably be on house arrest soon, meaning I can move around the house (not cleaning or doing anything strenuous) and leave the house on rare occassions, like dr. appointments. But the babies are fine and i wont know any more till wed. morning.

No comments: